Ian Jeffries Graphic Design

Welcome to my blog
www.ianjeffries.co.uk

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Derelict

Recently completed project based around dereliction, in particularly an old brick manufacturer which had been closed down for a number of years.

I chose the topic of dereliction because I wanted to practice my skills in photography and also being such an unusual building, I didn't want to visually describe the stereotypical message of the building decomposing. Instead I wanted to show how these areas can be seen as something exciting.

To achieve this I decided to produce a brochure style book for Urban Derelict Project, where it would show the viewer many different viewpoints of the same building and advertise the appeal of these types of buildings. The different viewpoints I chose were a Teenager, a Historian, a Developer and finally a Naturalist. I also wanted to communicate the fact that dereliction should not be feared, but instead explored; and for that reason I chose to incorporate mechanisms into the book, which allowed the viewer to interact with the pages.

The headlines for the pages were all screen washed, giving a very rustic effect; like that of a bricks. Brochure bound using inter screws.











No comments:

Post a Comment